Sort through the 3000 page site and create a new user journey and design that is easy to use and maintain going forwards.
Production of the sitemap, wire-frames and user experience. I designed the core pages of the site for client approval before rolling out the rest of the site. I then worked alongside a third party development team to hand all assets over for the build process.
Those who want to get to specific info and/or know what they want to book.
- Has already performed some “research” and has a good concept of what they need (course(s)) to achieve their end goal.
- Likely has looked at other schools across different locations and websites.
- Information requirement to progress to “pulling the trigger” – cold hard facts – details about course length, dates, cost.
- Have likely made the decision to book and need to be directed to that facility in as few clicks as possible.
Those who require peripheral info to help them get to the “pull the trigger” decision point to book.
- Through external influence or personal ambition has a desire to move towards a life change.
- More likely to be looking for information peripheral to the core course detail – what a course would facilitate for them, where they could go, etc.
- Responds well to reassurance and testimonial pieces as validation.
Starting the sitemapping process
The Mega-Menu facilitates the separate requirements of the 2 persona’s: the ability to drill directly into the site to arrive at a specific course in 1 click, or to click through on supporting/peripheral content…
To allow expansion on all areas of the site, sections were designed as single columns which can expand down.